It’s time to get your head in the cloud
Written by: Darren Sproats, The Lad
In the past, most small businesses relied on PCs in the office to run their business. If the manager was on the ball, there would be regular backups of each PC and the backups would be held offsite. In this way, the business was protected from a disaster in the office e.g. a hard drive failure or fire.
Times have changed. The best way to protect your business today is to move your business systems to the cloud.
But data protection is not the only advantage of using the cloud. Here are some other big advantages:
1. Reduced Capital Expenditure with Pay-As-Go Services
Cloud computing eliminates the need for in-house servers and networking hardware. Most cloud services follow a pay-as-you-go subscription model. Set-up costs are usually low too, enabling you to streamline your systems for a fraction of the cost of traditional software options.
2. Automatic Software Updates
The beauty of cloud computing is that the servers are off-premise and managed by experts. Suppliers take care of them for you and roll out regular software and security updates. This leaves you free to focus on the things that matter - like growing your business.
3. Improved Collaboration and Document Control
Before the cloud, you had to send files back and forth as email attachments to be worked on by one user at a time. Sooner or later, you would end up with conflicting content, formats and file names.
In the cloud, all files are stored centrally and there is one source of truth. With G Suite, for example, files can even be worked on by many users simultaneously and accessed from any device. Improved document control and collaboration results in more efficient workflows and a boost in employee productivity.
4. Improved Data Security
Lost laptops and mobile devices are a costly business problem. However, a potentially greater cost is the loss of the sensitive data on those devices. With the cloud, your data is secure, regardless of what happens to your devices. Many cloud services even allow you to remotely wipe data from laptops and mobile devices, so your data doesn't get into the wrong hands.
Take the Next Step.
Want help choosing the best cloud solutions for your business? Contact Darren at The LAD on 03 9467 3599 for a chat about how your particular business can benefit from using the cloud.
- Queuing up, all the way to the bank.
- Is your network 'favour ready'?
- Are you looking after your most valuable asset?
- Business gurus care about themselves (not you)
- 7 Tips to Safeguard Your Business
- “It’s in your contract!” Business relationships gone sour can cost
- It’s time to get your head in the cloud
- Aesop gives us a lesson in brand experience
- All that glitters: rock star startups grab all the attention
- Website basics for startups